Adventurous activities are usually a shared experience, so they provide excellent learning opportunities for social development. Throughout the programme the consequences of student choices will be real and apparent, one outcome will be to learn to balance our own needs with those of others – a crucial life skill. Your Real Adventure development programme will have an effect on all those involved, staff and young people alike.
- Self-confidence and self-esteem through achievement of challenges.
- Awareness of personal strengths and weaknesses through active reviewing.
- Basic target setting skills. The difference between those who succeed and those who are less likely to.
- Giving and receiving feedback from peers through group reviews during and after activities.
- Trust in self, peers and staff through shared experience.
- Problem solving skills through challenging use of the outdoor environment.
- An excitement of being in a team through exploring.
- A belief in the team if a situation becomes challenging and a conflict arises.
- Openness to give and receive support through the use of tasks which will stretch the edge of personal and team abilities.
- The willingness to accept personal sacrifice to resolve conflict through building trust.
Learning only takes place in an environment where individuals feel safe, both physically and emotionally. Real Adventure staff will work with your staff to create an environment in which the young people will feel confident enough to challenge themselves over and above their expectations. It is envisaged that the development aspect of the programme will be tailored to each young person, in close consultation between all relevant staff and, where appropriate, the young person concerned. This will allow the flexibility needed when working with people.
This is the next step for people with some rock climbing knowledge and who would like to experience the best that both the Lakes and Scotland has to offer.
|31 Dec 2017 to 31 Dec 2017||Date: Flexible||1:1||£180|
|31 Dec 2017 to 31 Dec 2017||Date: Flexible||1:2||£200|
We just wanted to thank you for running our Real Adventure Club. It was a great success and very much enjoyed by the children. We really appreciated the though and planning that went into each session and your enthusiasm and commitment to the venture. It seemed very strange to not be out on the fells in the dark this week!
We hope we will be able to work with you again in the future.
Caronne Field - Head Teacher - Selside Primary School